**GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED**
#103 Natalie V
I’m proud to tell you about the Sports Authority Sport your Pink campaign.
While some out there declare there is too much “Pink” every October, I respectfully disagree. I’ll share with you later this week exactly why….and it’s personal. It’s not even about losing my mom to the disease. It has to do with someone else entirely. As far as I’m concerned, Pink is important.
Sports Authority agrees. Not only do they proudly sell amazing products from companies that donate a percentage of the proceeds to charities like The Breast Cancer Foundation, but they readily share some sound advice when it comes to preventing breast cancer.
Shared on their Sport your Pink page…..ways to live a healthy and more active lifestyle:
- Get Active
- Watch your Weight
- Eat Smart
- Support Research
At first glance, the above may seem obvious……but do you know the specifics? I do……but as the daughter of one who lost her battle, and the granddaughter of two survivors, I make sure to know the risks and things I can do that may help prevent breast cancer.
- Did you know that alcohol consumption has been associated with an increased risk of breast cancer in women? I do, and I don’t drink because of it.
- Did you know that excess weight causes the body to produce and circulate more estrogen and insulin, which can stimulate cancer growth?
While there is no cure, there are things we can do to live a more healthy lifestyle…….and hope that we won’t have to deal with a diagnosis.
From tennis shoes (love the New Balance) to athletic gear (look at those golf clubs), Sports Authority has so much to help us get started in living that active lifestyle!
Of course, I love the large selection of active clothing they carry as well. There’s something for everyone, including items from Oakley and The North Face (love the jacket)!
Be sure to Like Sports Authority on FB!
Now for some extra fun for my readers:
One (1) lucky winner will receive:
a $100 Sports Authority Gift Card, for use on BCA Awareness products or anything really!
HOW TO ENTER:
For your main entry, Leave a comment and and tell me what you do or would like to do to maintain a healthy lifestyle. That’s it!
You can earn (1) one extra entry for each of the following (leave a separate comment for each):
2. Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post
3. Like A Frugal Friend on Facebook
4. Sports Authority on Facebook
5. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
6. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter
7. Follow Sports Authority on Twitter
8. Tweet the following as is: Win a $100 Gift Card to Sports Authority! http://tinyurl.com/3qhx67k @AFrugalFriend #giveaway
9. Grab my blog button for your site (or put on FB page) and/or Add me to your BlogRoll
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Thursday, November 3rd, 2011! Valid for US residents/addresses who are 18 years of age or older. No purchase necessary to enter. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 2 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household.
(Sports Authority will provide giveaway prize to winner. No compensation was received at all. All remarks are the personal and honest opinions of A Frugal Friend.)