These Candy Dipped Rice Krispie Bunnies are adorable and easy! They’ll impress everyone…..including the kids. 🙂
Candy Dipped Rice Krispie Bunnies:
- White Candy Melts (found at stores like Walmart or Michael’s)
- Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- Rice Krispie Treats (I used store-bought since I only wanted to make a few at a time)
- Craft Sticks (I prefer a larger stick than the usual popsicle stick – it’s sturdier)
- Small amount of red food coloring (natural food coloring is available)
- 2 Small Ziploc-type bags for decorating/piping
- Wax Paper
- If using Homemade Rice Krispie Treats, make sure they are completely cooled. You might want to make the night before.
- I prefer the store-bought Rice Krispie Treats from Kellogg’s, as they are individually wrapped. This way I can only use a few, as opposed to having an entire batch of Treats. 🙂
Place one Craft Stick approximately halfway into an individual Rice Krispie Treat, already shaped into a rectangle.
Following the directions for your particular brand of Candy Melts, melt the White.
Coat the Rice Krispie Treats with White Candy Melts:
This was the tricky part, as I had never done this before. I didn’t really have anything deep enough to melt the candy in, that would also be deep enough to dip the Treat completely. So I just used a glass bowl. I simply used a spoon to coat the Rice Krispie Treats on each side. I let excess drip off. A spoon really worked for me.
Place each treat to dry on wax paper.
Once the white candy coat has dried on each treat, melt a small amount of Light Cocoa Candy Melts. Then spoon melted candy into a small ziploc-type bag for decorating. Cut a small tip off one corner of the Ziploc Bag to pipe or decorate easily (or use a professional bag). Using the Light Cocoa Candy, decorate two eyes on each bunny treat.
Melt a small amount of White Candy Melts. Once melted, add a tiny drop of Red Food Coloring, enough to turn it the shade of Pink you’d like. Place melted/colored pink candy into second small ziploc bag for decorating. Cut a small tip off one corner of the Ziploc Bag to pipe or decorate easily (or use a professional bag). Using the Tinted Pink Melted Candy, place one dot on each bunny treat for a nose, followed by two pink ovals for ears.