This summer I find myself wanting to hibernate inside due to the high temperatures, but I know with a child at home, it’s not likely to happen. Today, I’m talking about 5 ways to beat the heat this summer (with kids), thanks to this sponsored post courtesy of RaceTrac.
Top 5 Ways to Beat the Heat this Summer
- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! With temperatures aiming to reach record highs, it’s important to keep fluids going in during the hot summer months. Here in the South, I’ve learned that sweet tea is a favorite (something my Grandpa wholeheartedly agreed with). As for me, my drink of choice other than water is unsweetened tea (I know, but I’m not a true Southerner as I wasn’t born here…I just got here as fast as I could)! For extra fun with the kids, have them set up a lemonade stand outside with options like tea and bottled water too.
- Opt for an Aquarium Visit – While I do love a great visit to the zoo or park, on those scorcher days, enjoy the animals with the comfort of air conditioning. You’ll get the kids out of the house and in a fun learning environment, but you’ll be less miserable while you do it.
- Splash Pad Relief – Pools are a must in summertime, but I sometimes prefer a great splash pad. This mom doesn’t relax when at the pool with kids. I don’t take my eyes of any kids I’m in charge of. With a splash pad, I tend to relax more. It cools everybody off without the hassle and worry.
- Indoor Play Museums – You can get the kids out of the house and yet avoid the outdoors with a little bit of research. Local events are great (temporary exhibits), but look for places that encourage activity and play while indoors. Here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, we have several Play Street Museum locations, perfect for your younger kids.
- Ice Cream – Here in the South we know that summer and ice cream go hand in hand. This is perhaps our favorite way to beat the heat, made so much more fun thanks to Swirl World at RaceTrac locations throughout Texas, Florida, Georgia and Louisiana. Read on to see why this is one popular summer activity you won’t want to miss.
The Fun of Swirl World
With a variety of frozen treats, you’ll find many families heading to RaceTrac for summertime fun. Best part is, there’s something for everyone.
- Ice Cream
- Frozen Yogurt
- Italian Ice
- Non-Fat, Non-Dairy, Reduced Fat options
Swirl World is made even better because there are 10 flavors to choose from, each one with the potential to be paired with another to make something even more incredible.
Ex. I spotted the Reduced Fat Yellow Cake Batter ice cream mixed in a machine with Reduced Fat Chocolate Obsession ice cream to create what they call Chocolate Fudge Brownie! YUM! Of course, you can always layer flavors in a cup or cone.
We love that Swirl World has an entire area in our RaceTrac, away from all the hustle of bustle of drinks (it’s Sodapalooza time after all and quite busy!) You do have your Sodapalooza cup don’t you? You can hydrate (think unsweetened tea or a ton of other options) with unlimited refills!
A certain little girl I know likes that she can sample all the flavors (well, almost all) before deciding on her final pick!
Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.
And then of course, one must choose between cake, sugar or waffle cone!
If you thought deciding among the Swirl World flavors was hard, welcome to the toppings bar.
Here you’ll find 41 toppings, from favorite cereals to fruit and my personal favorite, chocolate candy bars! Yes, it’s ice cream and candy for the win!
This is where my daughter gets creative. And I let her. It’s summer after all. She worked hard all year and if she wants to put gummy bears in her ice cream (WHO does that?), she gets to. And she did.
Gummy bears, marshmallows and animal crackers, OH MY! But look at that smile!
I bet you want a smile like that, right? One lucky winner will likely do just that when he/she is awarded the sweepstakes prize I’m about to announce!
WIN a One Year Supply of Swirl World ($300 RaceTrac Gift Card)
Sweepstakes going on now through July 31st, with the prize being awarded in the form of a $300 RaceTrac Gift Card. You can read the Official Rules!
How to Enter:
- Post on Twitter or Instagram
- ENTER DAILY: one entry per Twitter and Instagram account per day
- Must share how you like to Swirl World (fave flavors, toppings, etc)
- Must use the hashtags #HowYouSwirlWorld and #Sweepstakes
- Must tag me – @FindingDebra2 on Twitter OR @FindingDebra on Instagram
- TIP: There are over 20 other bloggers hosting an additional sweepstakes too! Check the #HowYourSwirlWorld feeds!
Now through the end of July here in Texas, you’ll find $0.79 cones!
So what are you waiting for?
Another Chance to Win
P.S. You’ll also find a flash giveaway for a $25 RaceTrac gift card, Sodapalooza cup and more (ends July 8th) –> Sodapalooza Giveaway!