***GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED***
#212 Heidi M.
When I look at my cookbook shelf in the kitchen cabinet, I’m reminded how much I love to just sit and go through the cookbooks. I get that from my Grandma. If you look real closely, you might notice I have a few that look very similar……Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks. They are the spiral bound cookbooks that have a particular theme, one of my favorites being, Flavors of Fall!
I’m happy to say I’ve just received the King of all Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks and it includes PHOTOS! 🙂 I’m a happy camper!
Gooseberry Patch Keepsake Cookbook: Treasured Heirloom Recipes from Our Family to Yours is the new cookbook released this month from Gooseberry Patch. I sat down with it last night and went through every single page – and let’s just say I have many pages bookmarked! Do you do that too?
- Over 200 time-tested recipes
- Over 160 PHOTOS
- Cooking Tips and Stories at the page bottoms
- 50 pages of Recipe Pages for you to add your own recipes to this Keepsake Collection
Of course, I know you’ll want to know what the categories are, right?
- Munchies & More
- Company’s Coming
- Fast Family Suppers
- Breakfast & Brunches
- Savory Sides & Salads
- Soups & Sandwiches
- Bountiful Breads
- Blue-Ribbon Desserts
- Gifts from the Kitchen
This truly is a cookbook that can be handed down from generation to generation. It’s so much larger than their usual cookbooks and perfect for gift-giving, whether for Christmas or for a new bride!
One of my favorite sections is the “Gifts from the Kitchen” section, which not only shows you which dry ingredients to package up for a gift, but gives you the detailed instructions for the gift card and creative ideas for wrapping or using containers. These are so creative and I love to give homemade gifts during the holidays. Recipes in the section include Patchwork Soup Mix and Cappuccino Waffle Mix! Mmmmm!
My Bookmarked favorites:
- Texas Caviar
- Tip on how to make Homemade Tortilla Chips (to use with Texas Caviar)
- Southern Pork BBQ
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- German Apple Pancake
- Strawberry Surprise Biscuits
- Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake
Is your mouth watering yet? 🙂
ON SALE: Find it for $18.45 right now and eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping. List price is $27.95
One (1) winner will receive a copy of the new Gooseberry Patch Keepsake Cookbook: Treasured Heirloom Recipes from Our Family to Yours
HOW TO ENTER:
For your main entry……. tell me why you’d love to win! That’s it!
You can earn one extra entry for each of the following:
(please leave separate comment for each)
1. Visit Gooseberry Patch and tell me another cookbook or product you’d just love to have!
2. Subscribe to the Gooseberry Patch Blog (email or RSS)
3. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
4. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter (leave your twitter ID)
5. Follow Gooseberry Patch on Twitter
6. Tweet the following as is: Enter to #win the Gooseberry Patch Keepsake Cookbook #Giveaway from @gooseberrypatch & @AFrugalFriend http://tinyurl.com/2aba3xz
7. Grab my button for your site and/or Add me to your BlogRoll
That’s a total of 8 entries possible!
NEXT GIVEAWAY COMING SOON: be sure to Like A Frugal Friend on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest deals and fabulous GIVEAWAYS!
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Sunday, September 19th, 2010! Valid for US residents and addresses only. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 3 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household please.
(A complimentary cookbook was provided in exchange for an honest review. Nothing else was given. All remarks are the personal and honest opinions of the author.)