Halloween is such an incredibly fun time of year. We’ve decorated the house with everything pumpkin and “not so spooky”. We’ve enjoyed a trip to the local pumpkin patch. Halloween costumes are picked out (even one for Mom)! With so many hosting Halloween parties at home and fall festivals at school, I thought it would be fun to share this easy Halloween treat – Halloween Fortune Cookies!
These are so fun to make, the kids will want to get involved. Or you can just wait and surprise them with a little treat bag full of Halloween fortune cookies.
Fortune cookies have that added fun to it when kids get to read and share their fortunes. This is a highlight during any Chinese dinner we have, so wouldn’t it be extra fun for a Halloween get-together? So colorful for the party table too!
And…can we say a little less sugar than the average Halloween candy?
Halloween Fortune Cookies
Yields: 2 dozen
24 store bought fortune cookies – fortune cookies easily found on Amazon
1/4 cup white candy melts – I use Wilton bright white candy melts
1/4 cup vibrant green candy melts – I use Wilton vibrant green candy melts
1/4 cup lavender candy melts – I use Wilton lavender candy melts
1/4 cup Wilton orange candy melts – I use Wilton orange candy melts
Halloween sprinkles – I use Wilton Halloween Sprinkle Mix
Why Wilton candy melts?
I had such an easy time using them when I made my Disney and Star Wars themed OREO Cookie Balls!
1. Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Unwrap the fortune cookies and place on the baking sheet.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white candy melts for 45 seconds. Remove from oven and stir until smooth and melted.
3. Dip the top part of a fortune cookie into the melted white chocolate. Place on the baking sheet and immediately drizzle with sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. Repeat with five additional fortune cookies for a total of six covered in white chocolate and sprinkles.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the green candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
5. Dip 6 of the fortune cookies into the melted green chocolate and place on the baking sheet to allow the chocolate to harden. Immediately sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles.
6. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the purple candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until melted.
7. Dip 6 of the fortune cookies into the melted purple chocolate and place on a baking sheet. Shake sprinkles on top of the melted chocolate.
8. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the orange candy melts for 45 seconds and stir until melted.
9. Dip the rest of the fortune cookies into the melted orange chocolate and placed back on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles and allow to harden for 15 minutes.
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE:
- Candy Corn Yogurt Popsicles
- SpiderWeb PB&J Pizza
- Scarecrow Crafts & Activities
- No-Carve Pumpkin Crafts
If you like this post, you’ll love these that I’ve picked out just for you!