**GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED**
March is National Clean Out Your Drawers Month!
Hmmmm…..don’t we all have some items that are in need of throwing out or donating? The ones we never use, don’t fit, or are too old and worn out. I’m so guilty of this……and am motivated right now to throw away a stack of socks I have in my drawer! Worn out!
Research shows that nearly everyone hoards innerwear and socks. In fact, people rarely clean out their drawers and only actually wear about 70 percent of the items they own. Spring-cleaning season is the perfect time to think about a yearly effort to clear out the clutter.
Hanes has teamed up with TV star, author and new mom, Bethenny Frankel, and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’s resident interior designer, Michael Moloney, to encourage America to Clean Out Their Drawers and rid yourself of the ragged, the worn, the ridiculously uncomfortable and the out of style. Michael and Bethenny have created tips on how to streamline the process and replenish with the right items.
- It is as easy as 1, 2, 3: Cleaning out your drawers doesn’t have to be stressful. Just make three piles: toss, keep, and donate!
- If you have not worn it in a year, you probably never will. If you have bras and underwear that are hanging on by the last threads, it is time to let them go. Let me give you a hint, when the wires are popping out everywhere and it hasn’t fit in three years, it’s time to put it out of its misery, and yours.
- Mornings made easier. Does your morning routine consist of digging through piles of underwear in search of a “decent pair”? If you’re nodding your head yes right now, it sounds like you need to clean out your drawers. The first step of getting organized is simply knowing what you have!
- You have to see it to wear it. Make sure you can see everything in the drawer. There’s no use keeping it, if it’s buried way in the back. If your drawers are looking bare when you’re done, it’s time to go shopping! Replace those old clothes with brand new Hanes, the comfiest innerwear and socks around.
- Donate, donate, donate! Think about all of the items you bought and never wore. Give them to reputable organizations like Goodwill® to help to fund their job training programs that help millions of Americans find jobs each year.
Bethenny cracks me up…..but she’s so right!!
- It is as easy as 1, 2, 3: Cleaning out your drawers doesn’t have to be stressful. Just rummage through your drawers, then reduce, reuse and repurpose!
- You’ve gotta start somewhere. Taking control of your drawers is a great place to start when launching an organizational overhaul of your life. Cleaning out your drawers will actually save you from those stressful situations like frantically piling clothes into the closet when an unexpected visitor drops by.
- Make it a habit. You can do this one of two ways: either purge as you go (bra made you miserable all day? Don’t put it back in the drawer!), or designate a time each year to go through your drawers and closets. Spring cleaning is a perfect opportunity to tackle this project.
- Fight the fear. Women in particular tend to hold onto underwear, bras and socks that they don’t wear because they’re afraid that they’ll have nothing to wear one day (like on laundry day!). Make a list of what you’ve purged and replace it with new items that accomplish the same objective, but fit you infinitely better.
- Make it count. Why not get rid of all of those extra items that are taking up space? No one wants to throw away perfectly good clothing, so donate your gently used clothing items to Goodwill. That way you’ll get organized and help someone else in need.
Such great advice……aren’t you motivated to clean out your drawers?
Now for some extra fun to help one lucky reader fill up that drawer once it’s cleaned out!
One (1) lucky winner will receive a drawer makeover (new socks, underwear, etc)!!!
**Items will depend on who wins – female, male, etc!!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. For your main entry, Leave a comment and tell me why you’d like to win. That’s it!
You can earn one extra entry for each of the following (only one entry for each):
2. Comment on a Non-Giveaway post (tell me which one)
3. Like A Frugal Friend on Facebook
4. Like Hanes on Facebook
5. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
6. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter
7. Follow Hanes on Twitter
8. Tweet the following as is: Win a Hanes Drawer Makeover (socks, underwear, etc) http://tinyurl.com/4uaolb8 #giveaway #win @HanesComfort @AFrugalFriend
9. Grab my button for your site and/or Add me to your BlogRoll
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Wednesday, March 30th, 2011! Valid for US residents and addresses only. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 2 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household.
(This is not a compensated post in any way. All remarks are the personal and honest opinions of A Frugal Friend.)