Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Life For Me!
Who doesn’t like a little pirate fun, right? Today I’m bringing you a pirate paper plate craft, perfect for Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19th), crafting time at home, or even for those little ones who love pirates but are too young to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales in theaters.
Read on all the way to the end because you’ll want to check out the latest trailer of the movie below!
Now let’s get crafting!
Pirate Paper Plate Craft
2 white medium sized paper plates
Glue stick and pen
2 medium googly eyes
Small red pom pom
1. From the red construction paper, cut out a half circle that fits the circumference of the top of the pirate plate. Glue the red piece at the top of the paper plate to resemble the pirate head scarf.
2. Also, from the red paper, cut out 2 (1/2 inch wide by 3 inches long) strips with the ends cut at an angle. Glue one strip starting from the bottom of the scarf and going down the outer edge of the right side of the face. Glue the second strip at an angle to the right of the first one. These will be the “ties” to the scarf.
3. Cut out 8-10 circles from the white construction paper. I traced around my glue stick lid to get perfect circles.
4. Glue the circles to the red head scarf to resemble polka dots.
5. With the black construction paper, cut out 2 eyebrows, 2 mustache pieces and a smile.
6. Directly underneath the head scarf, glue both eyebrows.
7. Glue the eyes underneath the eyebrows.
8. For the nose, glue the small red pom-pom onto the face.
9. Affix both pieces of the mustache underneath the nose, with glue.
10. Glue the smile on at the bottom of the plate.
11. To make the pirate shirt, cut the second plate in half and set aside.
12. Cut out half inch strips of paper from the blue and white construction pieces. Make sure they are at least as long as the widest section of the plate.
13. Glue the strips alternately onto the second plate to resemble a striped shirt. Cut off any excess paper that runs over the edge of the plate.
14. Glue the pirate face plate onto the smaller end of the shirt plate.
15. Cut a 1/2 inch wide by 8 inches long piece of felt and wrap around the neck area. Secure with glue.
16. ENJOY your DIY pirate paper plate craft!
Let’s watch this latest look at Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales:
Follow PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and on the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES website here
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES opens in theaters everywhere May 26th!
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE: