- Inventory: Take a complete inventory of kids clothes – those in the closet, and those you might have purchased during the past year. Decide how many pants, shirts, etc., you really need.
- Sizing: Try on the clothes you think still fit for cooler weather….you might be surprised to find out the kids have grown more than you think.
- Weather: Remember that short-sleeved shirts can be worn in many parts of the country well into winter months.
- Layering: For those of us in cooler climates, utilize short-sleeved shirts already in the closet, and invest in a few sweaters, etc.
- Don’t buy everything now: There may be more growth spurts in the next few months……only buy what is immediately necessary.
- Buy Online: You can often find great discounts w/Free Shipping deals and Free Returns too at places like Amazon (yes, they have brand name shoes & clothing on Amazon). Don’t forget to check for Coupon Codes!
- Off-Price Retailers: Take advantage of those like T.J.Maxx and Marshall’s – you’ll find amazing deals, designer labels, and current fashion trends.
- Plan for Cool Weather: There’s nothing worse than an unexpected cold spell. Make sure you have at least 1 or 2 cool-weather outfits already. Make sure last year’s jacket & mittens still fit….and if not, put them on your list to get when they go on sale.
- Focus on the necessaries – good socks, good shoes, a couple outfits for cold weather spells, school supplies, etc. That alone can be tough on a budget, especially if you have more than one child.
Most of all, remember, there will always be more sales and deals…….you don’t have to buy everything in August!
What is your best back to school shopping tip?