Did you get it yet? One of the biggest blu-ray’s this year! Ant-Man and The Wasp is available for digital download now, and of course on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™!
I am so excited about this blu-ray for so many reasons that I just couldn’t contain my excitement. We had to celebrate with some Ant-Man and The Wasp party fun and a giveaway (with 2 winners – read on)! Complimentary items provided by Disney/Marvel + affiliate links in post.
Why am so I excited to have this movie in my Marvel library at home? I won’t spoil it all for you, but one reason was that the END CREDIT SCENE was so crucial to all of us who watched Avengers: Infinity War.
Haven’t yet seen Ant-Man and The Wasp? No worries, read my Ant-Man and The Wasp Spoiler-Free Scoop here! I had the privilege of interviewing Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, and Wasp herself, Evangeline Lilly. I’m still pinching myself over that!
The Blu-Ray takes us inside the movie for more details with exclusive extras. Featurettes spotlight Paul Rudd, who returns as good-hearted thief turned hero, Scott Lang, and delivers big laughs both on set and in theaters; Evangeline Lilly, who transforms into The Wasp, the first female character to be featured in the title treatment of a Marvel Studios film; and iconic actors Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer as super couple Hank and Janet Van Dyne.
Viewers can explore more about the visual development artists and effects used to bring the characters to life and drastically alter the size of the Super Heroes and their surroundings. Additional extras include deleted scenes, bloopers, outtakes, and audio commentary by “Ant–Man” franchise director Peyton Reed.
ANT-MAN and THE WASP Party Fun
In “Ant–Man and The Wasp,” Scott Lang is grappling with the consequences of his choices, as both the Super Hero Ant–Man and a father, in the aftermath of “Captain America: Civil War.” As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant–Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission to rescue Janet van Dyne from the Quantum Realm. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp, all while attempting to serve house arrest, assist fast talking-Luis (Michael Peña) and the X-con Security crew, and thwart the efforts of a new adversary called Ghost (Hannah John-Kamen) and her ally Bill Foster (Laurence Fishburne).
So why not have a little Ant-Man and The Wasp party while watching the movie?
First, we must gather all things mini! Why? Well, because size is such a big thing in this movie (as well as the first).
What you’ll need:
Mini candies – head to the candy aisle or online to find miniature chocolates or other fun candies to keep with the theme for snacking fun!
Mini toys – head to your local store or shop online to find some of the incredible Ant-Man and The Wasp mini toys that are available! We had so much fun with our mini Ant-Man, Wasp, pumpkin, etc.
A copy of Ant-Man and The Wasp on Blu-Ray + DVD of course.
Then make some homemade or semi-homemade treats.
Ant-Man and The Wasp Popcorn
What you’ll need:
Popcorn, plain – to make it easy, I bought a large bag of pre-popped popcorn, but you can easily make it yourself with an inexpensive popcorn popper.
Skittles or M&Ms- I used the yellow and maroon Skittles, but my daughter insists we try M&Ms next time as they are less chewy.
Red Wilton Candy Melts – these are the same candy melts I use all the time for recipes like How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries – head there for more instructions if you have never used before.
Blue Wilton Sugar
Pour popped popcorn into a shallow baking pan or something similar and spread out so it is a thin layer.
Add a few Skittles candies throughout.
Add a teaspoon of the blue sugar; spread throughout the pan.
Melt the Wilton Candy Melts as instructed, put inside a plastic Ziploc bag, and zip it up. Cut one corner end of the baggie to use as a piping instrument. Squeeze the red melted candy over the popcorn.
The perfect movie snack!
Blu-Ray BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Director’s Intro by Peyton Reed – The talented creator behind some of Marvel Studios’ funniest and most charming films will invite home audiences deeper into the world of “Ant-Man and The Wasp.”
- Making-of Featurettes:
– Back in the Ant Suit: Scott Lang – Hero and all-star dad Scott Lang keeps the laughs coming for the audience, cast and crew.
– A Suit of Her Own: The Wasp – Highly trained Hope Van Dyne is now the Wasp. See how some of her craziest stunts and action-packed scenes were brought to life.
– Subatomic Super Heroes: Hank & Janet – Hank Pym’s wife Janet was lost in the quantum realm. Trace the legacy of these characters and the iconic actors who portray them.
– Quantum Perspective: The VFX and Production Design of “Ant-Man and The Wasp” – Explore the movie’s visual effects and production design from a whole new viewpoint, in which every micro and macro detail counts.
- Gag Reel and Outtakes – Audiences are treated to the hilarious quips that did not make the film as well as exclusive outtakes from Stan Lee and Tim Heidecker.
– Gag Reel – Join in the fun with these outtakes from the set.
– Stan Lee Outtakes – Stan Lee tries out a series of hilarious one-liners for the scene in which his car shrinks.
– Tim Heidecker Outtakes – Check out Whale Boat Captain Daniel Goobler and his improvised whale-watching riffs.
- Deleted Scenes (with commentary by Director Peyton Reed)
– Worlds Upon Worlds – As Janet leads Hank through the surreal landscape of the quantum realm, they encounter an intelligent life form.
– Sonny’s on the Trail – On the hunt for Hank Pym and his lab, Sonny Burch and his henchmen check the security camera of a neighborhood bookstore.
- 10 Years of Marvel Studios: The Art of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – See what it takes to bring the MCU to life, and the role concept artists play in bringing Super Heroes from comic book to screen.
- Online Close-Up Magic University – This commercial will inspire you to expand your mind and maximize your full potential!
Ant-Man and The Wasp Giveaway – 2 Winners
Pin for Later:
Now for some Star Wars party fun…
Get in the Star Wars mood by creating these incredible Star Wars Themed OREO Cookie Balls
More Ant-Man and The Wasp Interviews and Fun
Ant-Man and The Wasp Spoiler Free Scoop
Paul Rudd interview
Michael Douglas interview
Evangeline Lilly interview
Laurence Fishburne interview
Hannah John Kamen ghost villain interview
Director Peyton Reed interview