My daughter is starting kindergarten. I’m a firm believer that helping her realize exactly how many days until a big event helps her process everything….information, feelings, etc. So just as we do for our favorite vacations, we made a countdown.
Back to School Countdown – Apple Tree
*This is also a great way to get the kids involved…coloring, using scissors, etc.
Tree Trunk and Stems:
- Trace any shape tree trunk and smaller stems onto large white paper
- Color with brown crayon
- Cut out with Scissors and tape to door/surface
- Using green paper (we used tissue paper for a different texture), trace leaf shapes
- Cut out with scissors and place onto tree stems
- Create your own red apples from construction paper
- OR I found a 20ct at Wal-mart for $1.00
- Mark numbers from 1-14 for a 2-week countdown (or make it longer/shorter)
Yes, it’s super easy, but you can make it as elaborate and detailed as you and your child wants.
We take one apple off each morning!
I think this will be a tradition we carry on each August…..and I’m already planning on changing it to an autumn tree come September.