**GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED**
#239 Tara O.
It’s our 2nd day of the Back to School Blog Event….be sure to check out all the giveaways, deals, and coupons throughout the week! Now for one of my favorites…..
Now that I’m a stay-at-home mom, I must admit that I don’t shop for myself as much……after all, I’ve got a daughter who is so tall and outgrowing clothes like crazy. But, for certain social media events, or television spots, I have gone shopping for some classic and trendy pieces.
Where do I start? T.J. Maxx.
This is one of my favorite finds from T.J. Maxx – my $11 lightweight gray sweater (seen here at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration) – Love It! It has made it’s way onto a CBS segment, and every social media conference since I bought it!
$11 – can’t beat that!
I used to think that T.J. Maxx had last season’s fashion, and that’s why the prices were so low. So, I rarely shopped there. Well, I’m here to say I’ve learned a thing or two about the store over the last couple of years……and you might just be surprised!
Here’s the Scoop about T.J. Maxx:
- Designer merchandise you’d find at your favorite department stores and boutiques. But it’s up to 60% off!
- Each store gets 10,000 new items EACH week (That’s impressive)
How do they do it?
Unlike department stores that buy seasonally, T.J. Maxx (and Marshall’s) buyers travel year-round to negotiate with thousands of vendors.
Off price retailers like T.J.Maxx can snatch up what’s left at a lower price, and sell them to consumers while they’re still in season and trendy, even though they are being sold somewhere else for a much higher price!
Which means the consumer wins – we don’t have to sacrifice fashion in order to stay within budget!
Now that it’s Back to School time, many of us are in shopping mode and trying to find the best deals. T.J. Maxx is much more than clothing…. you’ll find backpacks and bags, school supplies, and more……all at a discount!
TIP: During your Tax-Free weekends, shop at T.J. Maxx to get the most bang for your buck!
I recently went shopping thanks to T.J. Maxx, and brought the entire family………my daughter always has to visit the toy section (great for birthday gifts by the way). Here’s what I came home with:
- Girls Navy Jumper Dress with purple flowered belt – $7.99 (perfect for private school…..but I like to pair it with funky tights for my girl)
- Girls Gray Sweater with flower from Shrinking Violet – $14.99 (as compared to $30) – so darling!
- Match It! 3D Learning in Motion Mathematics Activity for ages 3+ – $4.99
- Cranberry colored insulated Lunch Tote Bag – cute alternative to the lunch bag (looks like a handbag)! – $6.99
…….and then I bought something just for me! 🙂
One of you is going to get to go shopping, courtesy of T.J. Maxx, too! I hope you’ll share your finds!
One (1) lucky winner will receive a$25 T.J. Maxx Gift Card!!!
Don’t forget to visit the other Bloggers during this Back to School Blog Event (there is 1 more Giveaway out there and 2 Fabulous Reviews):
HOW TO ENTER:
For your main entry, Leave a comment and tell me what you’d love to shop for at T.J. Maxx! That’s it!
You can earn one (1) extra entry for each of the following:
2. Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post (tell me which one)
3. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
4. Like A Frugal Friend on fb
5. Like T.J. Maxx on fb
6. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter
7. Follow T.J. Maxx on Twitter
8. Tweet the following as is: Win a $25 @TJMaxx Gift Card from @AFrugalFriend http://tinyurl.com/3cdjjjo #giveaway #win
9. Grab my button for your site and/or Add me to your BlogRoll
10. *NEW* Grab my Back to School Blog Event Button for your blog or FB page:
Button Code: <a href=”http://www.afrugalfriend.net/2011/08/back-to-school-blog-event-giveaways-more-get-the-scoop/”><img style=”border: 0;” src=”http://www.afrugalfriend.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/back-to-school-blog-event-button2.jpg” alt=”” /></a>
(leave as separate comments please for each entry)
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Tuesday, August 23nd, 2011! Valid for US residents and addresses only. No purchase necessary to enter. Winner will be randomly selected. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 2 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household.
(Complimentary gift card was provided, courtesy of T.J. Maxx. All remarks are the personal and honest opinions of A Frugal Friend)