Today was the last day of kindergarten. I’ve felt just how quickly this year has gone by. Sometimes I wish I had the ability to stop time. I know I’m not alone.
This summer is the first of many “summer vacations” my 5 yr old will experience and look forward to. I intend to make the most of it. Oh, I’ve got so much planned.
One thing is sure……we will be having plenty of fun. Who will be helping me? Betty Crocker of course! Whether it’s lunch time or dessert time, Betty Crocker knows how to help moms make memories. Food doesn’t have to be boring (like those school cafeteria lunches). Summer food can be fun and memorable.
And can we talk about summer desserts?
Betty Crocker Summer Cake Recipes are an amazing “alternative to store-bought cakes, bringing that whimsical, personal touch that can only mean it was made by mom”!
In fact, “Betty” helped me make something just this week……more on that in a minute. 🙂
These 5 choices Betty Crocker’s favorite cakes for the summer. I have to say I couldn’t agree more as I am totally making this Watermelon Cake! We’ve got plenty of summer birthdays in my family. Hmmmm…..maybe I can make all 5 cakes? 🙂
- Ice Cream Cone Cakes – Kids of all ages will love personalizing these single-serving cakes! And you can find the directions BELOW!
- Flip-Flops Cake – Personalize these edible summer wardrobe favorites with candies and fruit snacks – transforming a sheet cake into footwear that looks (and is) good enough to eat.
- Watermelon Cake – Your family’s favorite fruit is about to get even more popular. This melt-in-your-mouth cake offers a surprise in every bite, with chocolate chip “seeds” and a green jelly bean “rind.”
- Cookies n Cream Cupcakes – Perfect for family picnics, these cupcakes taste like your favorite ice cream without all the mess!
- Butterfly Cake – This beautiful, and fun, cake transforms a traditional birthday cake into a beautiful butterfly perfect for outdoor summer parties.
Baking Trends for this Summer:
- Fun and Playful – Think ruffles, layers, neon colors, patterns and unexpected shapes – like the dazzling summer dresses on the runway.
- Unexpected Toppings – Potato chips, cereal, candy bits, nuts, coconut, berries and more are making appearances on birthday cakes, offering surprising new textures and flavors.
- A Surprise Inside – Bakers are hiding sweet surprises like candies, colors and fillings inside summertime cakes – giving frosting fanatics reason to celebrate.
- Mini Bites –Small bites are the big thing in summer baking. Mini-desserts like cupcakes are great on-the-go, and offer a flavorful canvas for personalized treats.
This week I had the task of making several things for the end of year party. I headed straight to Betty Crocker Summer Cakes for ideas, and that’s where I met Mr. Fun Cupcake.
As you can see, I got the inspiration from Betty, but I didn’t have as much time to search for different colored gumdrops, so I made a few changes to use what I had on hand. I cut up marshmallows for the sun’s rays, used butterscotch chips for eyes, and piped chocolate frosting for the mouth.
The kids….well, they loved them! Memories……you betcha!
Speaking of memories, if you make these Easy Ice Cream Cone Cakes, you’ll be the talk of the party (among adults and kids)! Feel free to pin away!
Be sure to check out Betty Crocker Summer Cakes
Complimentary gift card provided as a thank you for posting.