If you’re a Disney lover like I am, you’ve probably at least heard of Disney Vacation Club (DVC). If not, let me break it down. Disney Vacation Club is a vacation ownership program where owners utilize their purchased and allotted DVC points to make reservations at DVC resorts. I share all about Disney Vacation Club and DVC Points in this post with my partners from SellMyTimeshareNow.com.
Disney Vacation Club
Disney Vacation Club resorts are mainly located within Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, but there are other properties located in Vero Beach (Florida), Disneyland (Anaheim, California), Hilton Head Island (South Carolina), and Kapolei (Oahu, Hawaii).
But What are DVC Points?
Disney Vacation Club uses a flexible, point-based system. Members of the club have purchased these points and get an annual allotment to use as currency for vacation reservations.
Disney Vacation Club Resorts
Members are able to reserve their vacation at a selection of DVC properties including:
- Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Resort
- Copper Creek Villas And Cabins At Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Read my post about Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge to get a feel for what to expect.
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort – Read my post about Disney’s Riviera Resort, opening Dec 2019.
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian
Can Anyone Stay at Disney Vacation Club Resorts? YES!
Do you have to purchase DVC points in order to stay at these resorts? The answer is no!
When owners are unable to use their DVC points for whatever reason, they often will rent out these points on the secondary market for some cash back. This means that you can actually rent Disney points online, from the comfort of your own home, and get the chance to experience the Disney Vacation Club lifestyle and resorts without the ownership commitment. Be sure to visit my partners at SellMyTimeshareNow.com to learn more about how to rent DVC points.
Disney Vacation Club is one of the most popular vacation ownership clubs out there, and as such, is almost completely sold out through the developer. This makes it nearly impossible to gain access to these resorts unless you choose a DVC timeshare rental.
A DVC Rental Can Save You Money
Another big perk of Disney timeshare rentals by owner is the savings. As someone who’s booked many different types of accommodations in and around Disney, I can tell you that costs can add up quickly. But Disney timeshare rentals can be much more affordable because owners will advertise them for low weekly rates, generally based on their annual membership fees. This price can be lower per night than area hotels. You can use your savings towards theme park tickets, unique Disney adventures, and dining options.
That leads me to another great part about DVC vacation club rentals. They offer so much more than your average hotel. Instead of cramming your 6-person family into a hotel room with two queen beds and a futon, opt for a DVC timeshare rental where you can book a multi-bedroom suite that offers the convenient comforts of home like a full kitchen, living room, dining area, and multiple full bathrooms. We really enjoyed having access to a full kitchen when our daughter was a toddler.
DVC resorts also offer a large variety of amenities and services that add so much value to your Disney vacation experience. Why? Just like with typical Disney resorts, they can offer on-site character dining, themed swimming pools, kids clubs, fitness centers, and more. Most DVC resorts (all the ones at Disney World) also provide some form of convenient transportation to and from the parks if you don’t want to deal with a rental car. In fact, most of the Disney World and Disneyland DVC resorts are located adjacent to Disney resorts. For example, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is located just steps away from Disney’s Contemporary Resort (and all the amenities it offers).
DVC Rental Process
So now that you know why you should rent a DVC timeshare, let’s go over how to do it. The process really could not be easier.
- Browse online for DVC timeshare rentals by owner. Websites like SellMyTimeshareNow.com offer an extensive inventory of these popular properties and they make it easy to browse through convenient search filters that can help you narrow down the available properties to find exactly what you want.
- Select Disney timeshare rentals can be booked directly online by clicking on the “book now” button. Once booked, you can rest assured that your reservation is 100% guaranteed.
- Other advertisements for DVC timeshares will allow you to complete a short form where you can put in an offer price for the rental. Owners advertise their Disney timeshare rentals for a certain price, but if you want, you can barter with them. Owners are oftentimes motivated to ensure their week doesn’t go to waste and might be open to charging a lower price!
- Once you and the owner agree upon a price, they will ensure that everything is taken care of at the resort and ready for your arrival. Now just book your flights and start packing!
More Disney World Scoop:
Grab Discounted Tickets for Walt Disney World from a Disney authorized seller here and Disneyland here!
If you like this post, you’ll love these that I’ve picked out just for you!
Sara Phillips says
I had no idea you could RENT DVC points! I’ll be looking into this for my next trip, for sure!
Definitely look into it – a great option to consider with all the perks!