Did you know that felt sticks on felt?
I had no clue until last year.
My Grandma had given me stacks and stacks of colored felt that she just had tucked away in a dresser. My mom used to create items out of felt when I was a little girl……our Christmas stockings are just one example (still have them)!
So last Christmas, I took out the huge stack of green felt and cut out this simple triangle shape.
TIP: I attached it to the wall using Command products – so amazing and it came off neatly and without damaging anything after the holidays were over.
The tree is located just outside my daughter’s bedroom in the hallway. It’s hers and hers alone to decorate as she sees fit.
Decorations: I did do a bit of traditional sewing here to create a few decorations that would last, but many are just pieces of felt.
- Different shaped packages (I sewed some colored felt for ribbon on a couple of them)
- Bows – I cut out flower shapes (once again out of felt) and sewed a dot in the middle – perfect for decorating packages
NOTE: Since the bows/flowers are separate from the packages, she can mix and match!
- Yellow star
- Candy Cane (sewed white pieces on)
- Mickey Mouse Ears
- Boy and Girl Gingerbread (I did sew on the buttons since they are small)
- Snowman (pieces are separate on this one for extra fun)
And Yes…….the all stick by themselves to the felt tree!
Love it! Wish I had done this when someone was younger, but at 6, she still loves it!