I didn’t know how much I needed a lip scrub until recently. I had never used one and I learned just how valuable it can be to someone who suffers from dry and chapped lips. It should be part of my regular beauty routine and best of all, I’m teaching you how to make your own today. Here’s how to create your DIY Lip Scrub and while I chose Fuzzy Navel as the flavor, this beauty recipe is readily adaptable to any flavoring of your choosing.
So if you are wanting smooth lips, this is for you!
(Affiliate link in post. A small commission may be earned from any purchases made at no cost to you.)
DIY Lip Scrub
This recipe will make enough fuzzy navel lip scrub to fill at least 2 small lip balm containers like these.
6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
4 Tablespoons coconut oil (or more depending on how “wet” you desire your scrub to be)
3-4 drops sweet orange essential oil
2-3 drops Wilton Treatology juicy peach flavoring or 3 drops peach essential oil
3-4 drops Vitamin E Oil
Optional – orange food coloring
Note: The new Wilton Treatology flavorings are amazing for scrubs and come in flavors like Salted Caramel, Warm Cinnamon Graham, Sweet Meyer Lemon, and more, but the essential oils will work too.
Different Flavor Recipes: This DIY Lip Scrub recipe is adaptable for almost any flavor combination. Just switch out different flavors for the above essential oil ingredients, flavorings, and optional food coloring.
DIRECTIONS for DIY Lip Scrub with Coconut Oil
1. In a small mixing bowl, add the sugar and coconut oil. Mix until well incorporated.
2. Add the sweet orange essential oil, peach flavoring and vitamin E oil and stir until well blended.
3. The essential oil adds a light orange color to the scrub. If you desire a deeper orange, add a few drops of orange coloring which we did here (optional).
4. Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 3 months.
HOW TO USE DIY Sugar Lip Scrub
1. Wet lips and apply the yummy fuzzy navel sugar lip scrub generously to lips.
2. Gently scrub in a circular motion. This will help the sugar exfoliate any dry and dead skin while the coconut oil helps to moisturize.
3. Leave lip scrub on lips for 1 minute. Enjoy the energizing orange and peach aromas!
4. Rinse with warm water.
5. Pat dry with towel.
6. Apply your favorite lip balm.
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE: