Welcome to the Gifts for Families section of our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide. Be sure to visit all the other categories in our guide.
(Gift Guide – sponsored. Affiliate links may be in post, where I could earn a commission for any purchases made.)
Gifts for Families
Jigsaw puzzles are the hottest trend in toys. When families looked for stay-at-home interactive activities, jigsaw puzzles emerged as the go-to for family fun. I know it’s something my family really enjoys and you can often find our dining room table covered in puzzle pieces.
MasterPieces, Inc., celebrating its 25th year in business, has one of the most elaborate catalogs of original and licensed brand jigsaw puzzles.
From 24-pieces to 2000-pieces, MasterPieces offers classic puzzle scenes as well as fun characters, sports and corporate brand puzzles. Building fun one piece at a time.
Check out the holiday puzzles or fun National Park ones – a fun way to commemorate a family vacation.
There’s nothing like Christmas morning. Can you imagine if Santa had something extra special delivered? Something that required your family to put on their robes and slippers and head to the backyard? Oh, the looks on their faces. Oh, the squeals of delight. A Christmas memory never to be forgotten. I mean, I remember those big Christmas moments from my childhood. Your kids will too.
There’s nothing quite like a Springfree Trampoline, which comes in many sizes to fit different backyards. In fact, Springfree is known as the World’s Safest Trampoline because it’s the only trampoline that uses patented fiberglass rods rather than springs. The whole product was built around safety from the rods, to the mat surface, to the enclosure, to the placement of the frame – resulting in a product that eliminates 90% of product related injuries. No one even comes close to Springfree. And when we are talking about the kids in your life, safety matters.
Buying a Springfree Trampoline is an investment. Springfree believes your backyard should be a place for safe play. Springfree’s innovative design is the world’s safest, highest quality and longest lasting trampoline supported by a full 10-year warranty.
- No Springs: What? That’s right! Mat rods provide the safest bounce – Instead of springs which tend to stretch and rust and trap toes and feet, Springfree’s revolutionary design uses patented flexible rods. The rods provide a smooth, non-jarring bounce and lie beneath the jumping surface, out of harm’s way.
- FlexiNet™ Safety Enclosure keeps the jumper on the trampoline – The patented FlexiNet enclosure has flexible supports to cushion jumpers and prevent falls. The jumper is directed back to the center and cannot make contact with the net rods. The zippered net also ensures jumpers cannot fall through the opening.
- Frame situated beneath the jumping surface out of harm’s way – Additionally, with three layers of rust-preventative coating, our steel frames are built to endure even the most extreme weather.
- SoftEdge™ Mat removes hard edges – Our proprietary mat is 30 times more shock-absorbent than pads found on traditional trampolines.
A Springfree Trampoline can be used all year and does not need to be covered or packed away even during the harshest summers or the coldest winters. Rain or Shine! Storms or Snow! That is so surprising and so important here in North Texas! Check out their full catalog.
Are you ready for a backyard trampoline? I bet your kids are. With time spent at home having increased this year so much, it’s an investment worth making for family fun, exercise, and smiles all around.
SHOP: Springfree Trampoline
Let’s Roam Scavenger Hunts
Sometimes, more than anything, kids just want to explore! This holiday season, fuel their imagination and spark their sense of adventure by gifting Let’s Roam Scavenger Hunts. Let’s Roam is on a mission to show the world that adventure is everywhere, you just need to know where to find it.
Their top-rated, innovative digitally guided scavenger hunts guarantee an adventure is always at your fingertips. Curious kids and their adventurous families will love taking on the hunts’ riddles, trivia, and photo challenges.
Let’s roam offers two exciting scavenger hunt options:
- City Scavenger Hunt Tours: For intrepid outdoor explorers, Let’s Roam’s signature city scavenger hunt tours guide you to the must-sees and teach you about a city’s hidden history. These hunts are entirely outdoors, making this a safe, social-distance-friendly activity.
- Roam from Home In-Home Hunts: Looking for unmatched at-home fun? Let’s Roam’s in-home educational scavenger hunts come in seven selectable themes that transform your home into a world of creativity. Who said you have to leave home to go on an adventure?
This holiday season, unwrap family fun and vow to explore together all year long with Let’s Roam. Every scavenger hunt is packed with photo-ops, surprises, and discoveries.
Let’s Roam’s gifting options make it easy to give a single adventure or a year’s worth of them (through the Season Pass). Explore safely anywhere, anytime. Let’s Roam scavenger hunts promise laughter, connection, and memory-making. Whoever you give an adventure to will be thanking you long after the tree comes down.
SHOP: Let’s Roam Scavenger Hunts at LetsRoam.com.
CASHFLOW® Board Games
This holiday season, don’t get sucked into buying toys that will just end up in tomorrow’s donation piles. Give your family the gift of financial security – starting with the board games, CASHFLOW®, recently redesigned for a new generation of players, and CASHFLOW® for Kids.
From the New York Times best-selling author of the Rich Dad Poor Dad series, Robert Kiyosaki, these educational board games were created to give families a sneak peek into strategies to create lifelong financial security including how to build wealth and tips for maximizing passive income. Like his books, Kiyosaki uses the games to teach players investing strategies, financial mindsets and secrets of money creation that only the rich know.
Plus, with CASHFLOW® for Kids, youngsters will learn core principles of income, debt, cashflow and capital gains as well as assets and liabilities in a fun, easy-to-understand way. Playing CASHFLOW® for Kids uses real-world examples to kids get into practice investing, acquiring assets and dealing with the perils of liabilities. Parents can use the game as a springboard to discuss often difficult topics like money, investment and debt in an informal way.
“When we play games, it is the truest example of our real-life behavior,” added Kiyosaki. “Kids learn lessons by playing games, it’s the best way for them to practice character and habits that they’ll use later in life. CASHFLOW® for Kids helps develop a strong foundation of financial intelligence and encourages kids to use their money wisely.”