**GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED**
Alternate Winner: #181 Anna
Now that my daughter is 4, it’s so much fun playing games. One we’ve been playing recently is from Educational Insights, Grandma’s Trunk Alphabet Game. Geared for kids in Kindergarten and above, I will tell you that it can be easily used with preschool children too.
- Cardboard trunk (which doubles as package)
- 26 alphabet picture cards
- 26 alphabet riddle cards
The cardboard trunk itself is just adorable and quite sturdy…..it will hold up well.
The alphabet riddle cards (and all cards) are in my opinion extra sturdy. They seem much heavier than what traditional playing cards would feel like….I love that. The riddles use simple words, including many sight words…..perfect for those young children just learning how to read.
The alphabet picture cards have the same image on both sides. One side features only the image. The other side features the image and letter it begins with (both upper and lowercase).
As you can see, the cards themselves are educational without playing a game at all. But Grandma’s Trunk Alphabet Game comes up with 5 ways you can play….with a group of children (or classroom) too.
5 Ways to Play include:
1. What Comes Next? Take turns placing the letter cards in the trunk in alphabetical order.
2. Memory Time Take turns repeating the sequence of cards already in the trunk, then adding one of your own and challenging other players to remember them all, in order.
3. Grandma’s Riddles Deal the cards, then read a riddle and race to see who has the letter card that answers it!
4. Letter Sequence Memory Deal the cards and take turns putting them in the trunk in alphabetical order, repeating the items already in the trunk and challenging other players to remember them all, in alphabetical order.
5. Grandma’s Adventures Place the letter cards in the trunk and take turns pulling them out to create a cooperative story: “Once upon a time there was a grandma. She saw an iguana.”
Fun and educational……just what you’d expect from Educational Insights!
SHOP: Priced at just $14.99
Now for some extra fun for my readers:
One (1) lucky winner will win Grandma’s Trunk Alphabet Game!
HOW TO ENTER:
For your main entry, Leave a comment and and tell me why you’d love to win! That’s it!
You can earn (1) one extra entry for each of the following (leave a separate comment for each – No Daily Tweets):
2. Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post
3. Like A Frugal Friend on FB
4. Like Educational Insights on FB
5. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
6. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter
7. Follow Educational Insights on Twitter
8. Tweet the following as is: Toy Giveaway: Grandma’s Trunk Alphabet Game http://tinyurl.com/7nflqj7 @AFrugalFriend #giveaway
9. Grab my blog button for your site (or put on FB page) and/or Add me to your BlogRoll
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Friday, May 25th, 2012! Valid for US residents/addresses who are 18 years of age or older. No purchase necessary to enter. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 2 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household.
(A complimentary product was provided for review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are the personal and honest statements of the author.)