I introduced my daughter to Junie B. Jones this past year, the hilarious collection of chapter books for young readers.
The Junie B. collection starts out with Junie entering kindergarten. As the collection grows, Junie B. moves into first grade. Now that my daughter is in 2nd grade (and an old pro at this school thing), she really gets the Junie B. humor and all that school encompasses.
It’s no wonder that Junie B. Jones worked to create this amazing guide, perfect for kids new to school, but even more funny to older elementary school kids who already know the ins and outs.
I’m talking about Junie B.’s Essential Survival Guide to School !
This isn’t your usual Junie B. chapter book though. You’ll find this hardcover book has 123 pages full of school wisdom, insight and doodles along with places for your own child to make a few notes of his/her own.
My 7-year old read this entire book in one sitting and she was laughing so hard. What does Junie B. talk about exactly?
Check out the chapters:
- Getting Started (Stuff you need to know and buy for school)
- Getting There (All of the ways I can think of to get to that place)
- Getting Bossed Around (Some of the bossy bosses who will boss you)
- Getting In Trouble (Plus how to stay out of it!)
- Getting Graded (Tests…plus homework…plus *GULP* report cards)
- Getting Smiley (New friends and other happy stuff)
It’s funny……there’s no doubt about it!
SHOP: Junie B.’s Essential Survival Guide to School currently on sale for $9.35 (Reg $12.99) for Hardcover.
This would be a fun read during the first month of school!