Watch the world’s best female golfers at the LPGA Arkansas NWA Championship – June 22 – 24, 2018!
While you can certainly watch on tv, if you live in Arkansas or the states surrounding it (hello, Texas), you might just want to head on over to see this in person – and bring the kids!
The #NWAChampionship is returning to Pinnacle Country Club, and bringing 144 of the best female golfers in the world and I’m excited to bring you this sponsored post detailing just how large, fun, and affordable this event is for the entire family.
LPGA Arkansas – NWA Championship: Things to Know
1 – It’s Affordable (Even the Food)
This is such a great event, one perfect (and affordable) for the entire family. Here are the details:
- Admission to the tournament is free June 19 – 21, but there is a small cost Fri-Sun.
- Daily tournament ticket: $10
- Weekly tournament ticket: $25
- Kids (17 and under) get in free with a ticketed adult.
- All Active, Reserve and Retired Military and their families receive free admission.
Check out any of the Tyson Cafes onsite for affordable meals ($3), snacks ($2) or drinks ($2/$1).
You can purchase tickets here.
Bonus Gift worth $90 from P&G: You will want to visit the P&G Welcome Center just inside the Admissions Gates to pick up the tournament’s annual P&G Bag. Each tournament ticket is redeemable for one (1) P&G bag filled with an assortment of P&G products at a value of nearly $90. With products of that value, you are making a profit on your $10 ticket in my opinion.
2 – It’s More than Golf
The NWA Championship is so much more than golf (though that is the main event). Check out some of the other activities going on during the week:
- Annual 5K
- BITE NW Arkansas – You can discover the best of NW Arkansas at this three-day food festival event, with a selection of local restaurants and chefs highlighted., In celebration of the NWA Food Bank’s 30th anniversary, $3 of every ticket sold to BITE NW Arkansas will directly benefit the Food Bank.
- Yoga on the Green – Enjoy a FREE 45 minute yoga class led by Allisson Kublanov of Bee Well Yoga on Sunday morning of #NWAChampionship Week. The class will begin at 9:30am in Hub479, an open air structure on the 17th Hole. After the class, enjoy complimentary mimosas, raffle prizes from Lululemon and the fun atmosphere of the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship presented by P&G! All skill levels are invited to participate. Free gift for first 100 participants courtesy of Youtheory.
3 – Bring the Kids
Yes, not only are kids free, but there are activities and events for them as well.
- Yoga for Girls presented by Dove – Tuesday June 19th – New in 2018, #NWAChampionship Week features a free, beginner’s yoga class onsite at the tournament for young girls ages 6 to 12. The event will highlight how sports and exercise can help build confidence and self-esteem in young girls. In addition, LPGA professional Emily Collins will join along and share how yoga has impacted her golf game and other areas of her life. Role models and parents are invited to participate in the class as well. The first 200 participating girls will receive a gift from Unilever.
- The First Tee Junior Golf Zone presented by Dove – Sunday, June 24 – Features hands-on activities in the areas of science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics. The kids center also includes crafts, healthy snacks and a viewing deck on the 16th Green
- Hallmark Autograph Alley – Pick up an Autograph Book compliments of Hallmark to start your collection of signatures.
- Junior Golf Zone – Stop by the 9th Hole Putting Green on Sunday from 11:00am – 3:00pm to recieve complimentary putting lessons and tips from The First Tee coaches. The Junior Golf Zone is free and open to any spectators with a Kids Ticket (ages 17 and under).
- Sam’s Club Kids Center
- Gatorade Loudest Hole on Tour (No. 17)
4 – You Can Volunteer
Enjoy a unique behind-the-scenes look at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship by volunteering. Learn more about volunteering here.
5. Hospitality Deck – The Club (presented by LG)
Receive access to exclusive hospitality deck overlooking the 17th hole with food and drinks included in ticket price. Kids (12 and under) get in free with a ticketed adult.
Have you ever attended a golf tournament?