**GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED**
#184 Linda H
I’ve always been a huge Max Lucado fan, owning several of his books……but I had no idea that he also wrote children’s books and had an amazing Hermie & Friends DVD series until I had my daughter. Hermie has been a staple in our house ever since.
You don’t know Hermie? Oh, he’s the witty caterpillar, who along with his BUG friends, teaches children different lessons, with a biblical basis. With Tim Conway as Hermie and other names you’d recognize like Victoria Jackson and Melissa Disney, it’s fun for the entire family. LOVE Tim Conway!
Three of the Hermie & Friends DVD’s have recently been made into a box set……….A Bug Collection DVD Box Set: Volume 3, which includes:
- Buzby and the Grumble Bees -it’s about bee-having.
- Hailey & Bailey’s Silly Fight -it’s about getting along.
- Milo, the Mantis Who Wouldn’t Pray -it’s about prayer.
While all these lessons are amazingly relevant, with a preschooler, I must say Buzby and the Grumble Bees is the one I looked at first.
Here’s the Scoop:
The garden bugs secretly agree to help Buzby show his misbehaving niece and nephew how unpleasant life would be if everyone misbehaved the way they do. After a few encounters with misbehaving bugs-seeing how dangerous, gross, and uncomfortable things can become when no one cleans up after themselves, uses good table manners, or gets enough sleep- Beebee and Buddy decide to practice good behavior.
When Hailey and Bailey can’t agree on what to pack for their picnic, the resulting feud spills over to the entire garden and threatens to undo the good deeds the twins have actually agreed to perform. Join our favorite garden friends as we learn about getting along. Lesson is based on Jesus’ words in Mark 12:31 about loving our neighbor as we love ourselves.
When a big storm destroys Milo’s Snack Shack, he doesn’t know what to do and that includes just talking to God about it. Milo thinks he has to get God’s attention in order for God to hear him. Milo finally learns to pray and realizes that God has been helping him all along. Then ironically sees that all the things he was using to get God’s attention are the very things he needs to rebuild his Snack Shack. The garden learns an important lesson about how to trust God after we pray and that God’s answers come in many different forms.
We loved all the DVD’s and had some great discussion with our 3-year old about them…..a great resource for parents!
Now for some extra fun!
Three (3) lucky winners will each receive a copy of A Bug Collection DVD Box Set: Volume 3
HOW TO ENTER:
1. For your main entry, Leave a comment and tell me which of the 3 DVDs in the collection you think you’d love the most! That’s it!
You can earn one extra entry for each of the following (only one entry for each ):
2. Comment on a Non-Giveaway post (tell me which one)
3. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
4. Like A Frugal Friend on Facebook
5. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter
6. Follow Max Lucado on Twitter
7. Follow BookSneeze on Twitter
8. Follow TommyNelson on Twitter
9. Tweet the following as is: Win Max Lucado’s Hermie & Friends, A Bug Collection DVD Box Set http://tinyurl.com/3nfzpx6 @AFrugalFriend #giveaway #win
10. Grab my button for your site and/or Add me to your BlogRoll
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Friday, May 20th, 2011! Valid for US residents and addresses only. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 2 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household.