As part of a sponsored post with the Jif® Almond & Cashew Butter “Mix Up Mealtime” campaign, for The J.M. Smucker Company, my daughter and I headed into the kitchen to create a healthy recipe – Almond Oatmeal Breakfast Bites!
It’s so easy to fall into the traps of making the same old things over and over again. Um, yes, I totally relate to this. Please tell me I’m not the only one? Pretty please? That’s why I found the theme of “Mixing up Mealtime” so important.
I took a good look at what I was serving up in the kitchen each week. Was it healthy? Was it tasty? Did it get rave reviews from my family? Or have I been serving it way too often?
Here are a few of my favorite tips to Mix Up Mealtime………
- Think outside the Box – use traditional lunchtime items in a breakfast recipe
- Sneak in Healthy Ingredients – Yes, I sneak healthy stuff in, but after they LOVE it, I tell my family.
- Buy Child-Friendly Kitchen Tools – kids tend to eat new and healthier items if they’ve helped prepare it. You can find some adorable kitchen tools that are theirs alone to use. Make it fun! My favorite – Sesame Street spatulas!
If you spotted my creative take on a pizza lately, you already know the big news – Jif® has expanded their line of products to include brand new nut butters, different than the traditional peanut butter: Almond and Cashew Butters. And yes, making a PB&J (or a Cashew Butter & Jelly Pizza in my case) was totally mixing up mealtime!
This week, I wanted to try something a bit different for breakfast. With school and work, everyone in my family needs a healthy breakfast and I think my daughter has gotten tired of mama’s “usual suspects” on the menu.
It was time to bring her back in the kitchen – this time for an Easy No-Bake Recipe! Yes, no baking – perfect for children.
I knew you were on board as soon as I said “Easy” and “No-Bake” – right? This is one of the recipes that Jif gave me! Instant hit in my household! We will be making many batches.
With honey and dried cranberries to sweeten it, so delicious!
Easy No-Bake Almond Oatmeal Breakfast Bites
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped whole almonds
- 3 TBSP sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix almond butter, honey and vanilla in large bowl.
- Stir in oats, wheat germ, almonds, cranberries and cinnamon until evenly moistened.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Chill 10 minutes
TIP: I added double the cinnamon. I also didn’t have wheat germ in the pantry, so I left it out of our recipe.
©/® The J.M. Smucker Company.