There’s something so special about the story we’ve always known, but it’s something entirely different when characters we’ve grown to love and a story we could recite to our children takes an unexpected detour, adventure. It’s pure magic. That’s what I learned when watching this film and it’s what you too can learn in Disney’s The Nutcracker and The Four Realms Blu-Ray, releasing this week.
To celebrate I’ll be giving away a copy of the Blu-Ray to 2 lucky winners. Read on for details on how to enter!
(Disney and ABC have invited me to California on an all-expenses paid trip, in exchange for our coverage of events. As always, all opinions are my own. Affiliate links in post.)
The Nutcracker and The Four Realms Blu-Ray
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms arrives home instantly with never-before-seen extras and deleted scenes on Digital and Movies Anywhere, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD Jan. 29, 2019. Pre-order Now!
In “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms,” Clara travels along a golden thread, presented at Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual party, eagerly searching for a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a music box that holds a priceless gift. When she enters a mysterious parallel world, Clara encounters a Nutcracker soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and three Realm regents, including the Sugar Plum Fairy (Keira Knightley). Ultimately, she must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve the key and return harmony to the unstable world.
PARENTS: Be sure to read my no-spoiler review to get your questions answered: Is The Nutcracker and The Four Realms Scary? Read about my conversation in the dinner line with Morgan Freeman here in my The Nutcracker and The Four Realms red carpet premiere post.
Let’s take a look…
Having seen the film at the Hollywood premiere (The Nutcracker and The Four Realms red carpet premiere), I do look forward to bonus features, which often include deleted scenes. The bonus features here did not disappoint and oh how I wish there never needed to be scenes cut from a movie.
Bonus features in this movie release include a discussion with American Ballet Theatre’s Misty Copeland about her role as the enchanting Ballerina Princess, her personal history with “The “Nutcracker” ballet, and her inspirational and historic rise within the world of dance. Hear more from Misty in my exclusive Misty Copeland interview!
You will love this –> Extras take viewers on the set of “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” to meet both new and reimagined characters, and discover how the Land of Sweets, Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and mysterious Fourth Realm were created to such dazzling effect. Deleted scenes provide a look at magical moments that didn’t make the final version of the movie.
On Pointe: A Conversation with Misty Copeland – Copeland shares the thrill of portraying one of her favorite characters in a whole new way.
Unwrapping “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” – Dive into the production design, sets, costumes and more that helped transform a beloved ballet into an adventurous movie.
Deleted Scenes –
- The Stahlbaums Arrive- As the Stahlbaums enter the Christmas Eve ball, the butler attempts to announce them to the assembled guests.
- Follow Your Ribbon- Drosselmeyer encourages a reluctant Clara to go find her gift.
- Clara Asks About Her Mother- Sugar Plum gives Clara a tour of her mother’s bedroom.
- Left, Left, Left, Left, Left- Wandering lost in the forest, palace guards Cavalier and Harlequin quarrel about which way to go.
- Out with the Old- Sugar Plum makes sweeping changes to the palace decor.
Music Videos –
- “Fall on Me” Performed by Andrea Bocelli Featuring Matteo Bocelli– Experience superstar tenor Andrea Bocelli and his son Matteo Bocelli performing their first duet together in this uplifting song. Note: You can read all about my experience learning a waltz to this music from Dancing With The Stars pro Gleb Savchenko.
- “The Nutcracker Suite” Performed by Lang Lang– Get swept up in a series of images from the movie, set to Tchaikovsky’s music and featuring world-renowned pianist Lang Lang.
Unwrapped: The Visual Effects of “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”– View a reel that explores the layers of effects in sequences of the film.
The Nutcracker and The Four Realms Blu-Ray Giveaway
I’m giving away 2 of Disney’s The Nutcracker and The Four Realms Blu-ray Multiscreen Editions just like I received thanks to my friends at Disney!
Open to the US including Alaska & Hawaii, Puerto Rico.
More Disney Posts:
If you like this post, you’ll love these that I’ve picked out just for you!