If you stick around A Frugal Friend any length of time, you’ll quickly find out how much of a Disney fan I am. From the animated movies to the theme parks coast to coast, I’m hooked. It was just natural that any child of mine would be hooked too, right? Enter my now 7-year old daughter. 🙂
Each holiday season, we usually have one new family game under the Christmas tree……this year it’s the brand new board game, Pictopia-Family Trivia Game: Disney Edition by Wonder Forge!
Now this is right up my alley (and my daughter’s) as we both claim to know just about everything about Disney. Both competitive (along with Daddy), this game couldn’t be more ideal!
First off, can I say how cute these Mickey Mouse shaped game pieces are?
This game is for ages 7 and up but a parent could easily help a younger child. Best of all, it’s for 2-6 players, so ideal for holiday family get-togethers.
Along with the game pieces and game board, you can add even more content with the Pictopia App (available on Android and iOS) – with bonus content and a lightning round final challenge. Hmmmm! NOTE: You do not need the App to play the board game – so no worries!
Here’s the scoop:
Players take turns being the host and asking the question. Other players will wager based on how well they know the images on the card shown to them. Sometimes you’ll have to answer questions all on your own, and other times you’ll work as a team to answer correctly! Answer questions correctly to advance your mover and get to the castle space first to win!
Here are two examples of game cards. The one on the left is more my daughter’s favorite while the one on the right is a little more advanced for those of us who pay attention to detail. (Ahem, me). 🙂
Left Card Questions (and I’m not telling the answers):
- Which ONE of these characters arrived at Jim Dear and Darling’s home as a puppy?
- Which TWO of these characters have a litter of fifteen puppies?
- Which THREE of these characters were not Christmas gifts when they were puppies?
- Which ONE of these characters would I want most as a pet?
See that last question? It gets interesting! So, how did you do? You think you got them all?
Right Card Questions:
- Which ONE of these establishments is the setting of a fight between Jack Sparrow and his imposter?
- Which TWO of these establishments can be found in live-action movies?
- Which THREE of these establishments are meeting places of shady individuals?
- Which ONE of these establishments provides customers with motor oil for drinking?
- Which ONE of these establishments do I think has the most interesting customers?
Did you recognize all the images? I must admit that I didn’t recognize one of them right away.
I’m hooked and can’t wait to play again……and test my Disney trivia!
One (1) lucky winner will receive a Pictopia-Family Trivia Game: Disney Edition
HOW TO ENTER:
For your main entry, Leave a comment and tell me your favorite Disney movie of all time! That’s it!
You can earn one (1) extra entry for each of the following (leave as separate comments please for each entry):
2. Follow A Frugal Friend on Pinterest
3. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
4. Follow AFrugalFriend on Instagram
5. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter
6. Tweet the following as is: I entered the Disney Pictopia Game Giveaway from @AFrugalFriend at http://tinyurl.com/ljmhhoe
Be sure to Like A Frugal Friend on Facebook to hear the latest giveaways and deals!
(leave as separate comments please for each entry)
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Friday, December 19th, 2014! Valid for US residents and addresses only. No purchase necessary to enter. Winner will be randomly selected. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 2 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household.
CONGRATULATIONS To # 249 Eva B