I refuse to get rid of them. You know, old VHS tapes. As a child of the 80s, I certainly have a large collection and over time have gotten rid of (and replaced) many. BUT, there are certain VHS tapes I won’t part from – Disney favorites. Even though I don’t have a working VCR, I can’t bare to part with them…but it becomes more possible as I get Disney Blu-Rays added to my collection.
TODAY, you can do just that and I have a Pinocchio Blu-Ray in my possession thanks to a complimentary copy from my friends at Disney! Squee!!!
(affiliate link in post)
“Pinocchio” arrived for the first time on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on Jan. 10, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on Jan. 31 with hours of new and classic bonus features.
“Pinocchio” is considered one of the greatest animated films ever made, with two Academy Awards®:
- Best original score
- Best original song “When You Wish Upon a Star”
Many Disney animated films touch my heart and bring tears to my eyes (it’s true), but there’s something special about “When You Wish Upon a Star”. I tear up every time I’m standing before Cinderella’s Castle at Walt Disney World watching “Wishes” fireworks show. And that Jiminy Cricket, well, he’s one of my favorite characters!
The Walt Disney Signature Collection release includes hours of classic bonus material and exclusive features including a reinvented rendition of “When You Wish Upon a Star” created and performed by music influencers from Disney’s Maker Studios; never-before-seen artwork from the film’s Pleasure Island sequence; archival recordings of Walt himself during “Pinocchio” production; and a recently restored and scored 1927 short featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
“Pinocchio” tells the tale of wood-carver Geppetto’s beloved puppet who embarks on a thrilling quest – with faithful friend Jiminy Cricket – that tests his bravery, loyalty and honesty, all virtues he must learn to fulfill his heart’s desire: to become a real boy.
Bonus Features (may vary by retailer):
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Walt’s Story Meetings: Pleasure Island – The Pleasure Island scene in “Pinocchio” had much more development than what is seen in the film. Join Pixar’s Pete Docter and Disney historian and author J.B. Kaufman as they explore artwork recently discovered in Disney’s animation research library revealing some of the attractions, gags and games, which Disney animators created for this iconic location of the film, that never made it on screen.
- In Walt’s Words – “Pinocchio” – Hear Walt himself discuss the making of “Pinocchio” through archival recordings and interviews.
- The Pinocchio Project: “When You Wish Upon a Star” – Music influencers Alex G, Tanner Patrick and JR Aquino from Disney’s Maker Studios, a global leader in short-form videos, gather in a creative workspace to create their rendition of the film’s signature song, “When You Wish Upon a Star,” and produce a fresh new music video.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in “Poor Papa” – This recently restored and scored 1927 short features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who gets multiple visits from the stork and is forced to attempt various methods to help stop the onslaught of baby deliveries.
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as the making of “Pinocchio,” deleted scenes, sing-alongs, storyboards and theatrical trailers.
Now how about a Giveaway for TWO of you for some extra fun? Yes, TWO (2)!
a Rafflecopter giveaway