To celebrate the digital and home release of the latest Disney animated movie, I’m hosting a giveaway – Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon giveaway thanks to my friends at Disney. Read to the bottom of the post to enter.
If you haven’t yet seen this incredible film, now is your chance. Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon released on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD this week, May 18th and includes deleted scenes and bonus features.
Disney has provided complimentary digital codes for the giveaway prizes. Affiliate links are in this post, where a small commission may be earned for any purchases made at no cost to you.
Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon Giveaway
The epic adventure arrived in theaters back in March. At the same time it was available on Disney+ Premier Access, meaning you needed to have a Disney+ subscription (so worth it, trust me) along with an additional fee. Once June 4th arrives, it will be available to all Disney+ subscribers. And now we can add another way to watch – 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD!
I’m also giving away TWO (2) Digital copies of Raya and the Last Dragon here! But first, let’s take a look at this movie, the bonus features available, and some fun activities to do with the kids.
Raya and the Last Dragon Synopsis
Long ago, in the fantasy world of Kumandra, humans and dragons lived together in harmony. But when sinister monsters known as the Druun threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, those same monsters have returned and it’s up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the last dragon in order to finally stop the Druun for
good. However, along her journey, she’ll learn that it’ll take more than dragon magic to save the world—it’s going to take trust as well. From directors Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada, co- directors Paul Briggs and John Ripa, producers Osnat Shurer and Peter Del Vecho, and featuring the voices of Kelly Marie Tran as Raya and Awkwafina as Sisu.
Take a look…
Raya and the Last Dragon Soundtrack
If you are like me, you really enjoy listening to original motion picture soundtracks. This soundtrack is no exception. Check it out here.
How to Draw Baby Tuk Tuk
Kids will love this fun movie themed activity before or after you watch Raya and the Last Dragon.
Learn how to draw Tuk Tuk in under 11 minutes.
16 Page Activity Book
Be sure to download and print this sixteen page Raya and the Last Dragon activity book for the kids too. Don’t forget to check out my friend Sara’s fun Tuk Tuk Rolls – so cute, edible, and fun for everyone.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Raya and the Last Dragon Bonus Features*
- An Introduction to Us Again – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
The Disney short film, Us Again is included in Raya and the Last Dragon. An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night.
Set in a vibrant city pulsating with rhythm and movement, an elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their youthful passion for life and each other on one magical night. The years fade away as the joy of dancing propels them across the exciting cityscape of their youth and revives fond memories and ambitions. “Us Again” is told entirely without dialogue and set to an original funk and soul musical score reminiscent of the mid-60s.
- Taste of Raya – Dine along with Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team–virtually–over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
- Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of Raya and the Last Dragon moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
- Martial Artists – You’ll get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
- We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film…and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
- Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of Raya and the Last Dragon as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
- Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Story Behind the Storyboard with John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to get an inside look at his thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
- Introduction – Head of Story Fawn Veerasunthorn introduces deleted scenes from Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Bridge – Raya confronts an early version of the Druun in this deleted storyboard sequence.
- Escaping Namaari – See an early version sequence of an introduction to Namaari as an adult.
- Dragon Blade – Discover an early version of Raya’s sword, when it used to have magical powers.
- Meet Boun – Meet an early version of Boun before he was a chef and shrimp boat captain.
- The Heart of the Dragon – Co-Director John Ripa introduces a deleted scene which brought the theme of hope into the film.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
I look forward to bonus features of every single Disney film and the deleted scenes are always worth it!
Feature Run Time: 108 minutes
Giveaway Time (2 winners)
Enter to win one of two digital codes for Raya and the Last Dragon.
The giveaway codes can be redeemed at MoviesAnywhere.com or on the Movies Anywhere app.