Want to shake things up for breakfast? Check out this sponsored post where I create Honeycomb Cereal Breakfast Bread, a twist on the classic cereal for Honeycomb lovers!
In my family we all have our favorite cereals. Cereal is a staple at breakfast, right? But what if we shaked things up a bit and used cereal as an ingredient in a new breakfast creation?
Recently, I partnered up with Honeycomb Cereal and they sent me some fabulous recipes to try out. I spotted what they called the Honeycomb Morning Cereal Muffins! Now, I sure do like a great muffin, but I wanted to change it up just a tiny bit and instead of muffins, create small loaves of bread.
Having dry cereal in a muffin or bread was certainly new to me, so I was incredibly curious as to what the final result would be.
The trick I discovered would be a step in the recipe to moisten the cereal in a bit of milk.
I grabbed my favorite helper and set to work.
It was really a simple batter to create.
And the final product…..well, let’s just say with warm bread in the house, it didn’t last long.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup cold butter
- 3 cups Post Honeycomb Cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, 2 Tbsp sugar, the baking powder and salt in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix 3 cups of the cereal and the milk in medium bowl; let stand 3 minutes. Stir in egg. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy)
- Spoon evenly into 3 small greased bread loaf pans, filling each ⅔ full.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Makes 3 small loaves.
- Optional Topping: Spoon ⅓ cup cereal, 1 tsp sugar and ⅛ cinnamon into small bowl and mix together. Sprinkle over loaves before baking.
Find more Honeycomb Cereal Recipes on the Post Cereal website!
Have you ever taken a breakfast staple and made it into a new recipe?