Disclaimer: Disney/Pixar, Disney Channel and Disney XD sent me to Los Angeles on an all-expenses paid press trip, in exchange for my coverage of these events, which included a special Teen Beach 2 Press Event, Teen Beach 2 Gotta Be Me Dance Lesson with Jordan Fisher and Chrissie Fit and a screening. All opinions are my own.
I cannot stop singing! Or dancing!
If you’ve been following along this week, you know that I had some pretty exciting whereabouts, one of which took me down to the Disney Channel building and right into the movie, Teen Beach 2 .
Well, not “INTO” the movie – that only happened in the original Teen Beach movie, right? What I mean is……not only did I get a special screening, not only did I get to interview 2 of the film stars, but I also got to put on my dance shoes and learn the moves to what will no doubt be one of the hottest songs of the summer, “Gotta Be Me”!
Oh, and my dance instructors – none other than actors Jordan Fisher (Seacat) and Chrissie Fit (CheeChee)!
If this doesn’t put me on the cool mom list, I don’t know what will, right?
I came home to a little girl who is so excited about the new movie (it’s rated G just like the first movie – thank you Disney)! And Mom can now teach her some of the hottest dance moves.
But first, let me just give you a taste of the music of Teen Beach 2. The movie takes place present day (unlike most of the original), so the music is hotter and faster. Check it out:
Ross Lynch and the rest of the cast take the music up a notch, don’t they?
And did you see those dance moves?
Those aren’t the dance moves of my youth. A lot more sass in there. The dance lesson was bound to be interesting. I think many of us were a tiny bit nervous. After all, our celebrity instructors were incredibly young and I wasn’t exactly 17 anymore (you know, back in the day when I might have been on the football field performing dance routines).
Photo Credit Disney XD/Valerie Macon
Photo Credit Disney XD/Valerie Macon
1 Incredibly Fast Rock n Roll Song
and a Dance Lesson
= PRICELESS MEMORIES and LAUGHTER!
Oh, the laughter.
Jordan Fisher and Chrissie Fit were so patient with us (and oh my goodness, they are so talented). You know, I thought they would be dancing with us. I had no clue they would be our instructors. They were awesome, especially Jordan as he has trained in dance.
I will tell you there is VIDEO out there of our dance lesson. And while I know you guys would LOVE to see it, let’s just say there are a few of us who are glad it won’t be available on YouTube!
In looking at the photo above (I’m dark hair, orange shirt in the middle), I’m incredibly happy this picture shows my hands, arms, and feet all in the right spot. Whew! Looks like I still got some rhythm after all.
The music is incredible and guess what – you can order the soundtrack now:
Teen Beach 2 Soundtrack available for Pre-Order now with Price Guarantee! Officially available June 23rd!
- 1. Best Summer Ever (Chrissie Fit and Garrett Clayton and Grace Phipps and John DeLuca and Jordan Fisher and Maia Mitchell and Ross Lynch)
- 2. On My Own (Ross Lynch)
- 3. Right Where I Wanna Be (Garrett Clayton and Grace Phipps)
- 4. Falling for Ya (Chrissie Fit and Jordan Fisher)
- 5. Wanna Be With You (Jordan Fisher)
- 6. Twist Your Frown Upside Down (Garrett Clayton and Grace Phipps and Maia Mitchell and Ross Lynch)
- 7. Silver Screen (Maia Mitchell and Ross Lynch)
- 8. Rescue Me (Sabrina Carpenter)
- 9. Gotta Be Me (Garrett Clayton and Grace Phipps and John DeLuca and Jordan Fisher and Maia Mitchell and Ross Lynch)
- 10. Meant to Be (Reprise 3) (Garrett Clayton and Grace Phipps and Maia Mitchell and Ross Lynch)
- 11. That’s How We Do (Garrett Clayton and Grace Phipps and John DeLuca and Jordan Fisher and Maia Mitchell and Ross Lynch)
- 12. Starting Over (R5)
- 13. On My Own (Ross Lynch)
- 14. Best Summer Ever (Amy Powers and Matthew Tishler)
- 15. Gotta Be Me (Charlie Mason and Joacim Persson and Johan Alkenas and Niclas Molinder)
Teen Beach 2 will be available June 26th, the same day that it premieres on Disney Channel!
But I’m bringing you more in the days leading up to the release! So stay tuned for:
- Interviews with Jordan Fisher and Chrissie Fit
- How to Throw the Perfect Teen Beach 2 Party
- Teen Beach 2 Movie Review
Want to get caught up like I did and get to know Teen Beach before Teen Beach 2 Premieres on June 26th?
TEEN BEACH 2 premieres Friday, June 26th at 8:00 p.m., ET/PT on Disney Channel and available on DVD with never-before-seen dance rehearsal bonus feature) starring Ross Lynch (“Austin & Ally,” and member of “R5”) and Maia Mitchell (“The Fosters”).
- Like Disney Channel on Facebook
- Follow Disney Channel on Twitter
- Follow Teen Beach Movie on Twitter using #TeenBeach2
- Visit Disney Channel
Let’s Get Connected:
Check out the rest of my Disney Press Trip, which includes the Phineas and Ferb Last Day of Summer Event and INSIDE OUT Red Carpet Premiere! More posts coming soon!