**GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED**
#89 Kimberly B
MEGA Brands has just launched the Mega Bloks Family Club, a great resource for moms, dads and caretakers! It’s free to join and I love the perks…….especially the printable coupon I just got for signing up.
Here’s the scoop:
- Printable Coupon for $5 off of any $30 or more Mega Bloks purchase
- Exclusive offers, contests, sweeps, and promotions on Mega Bloks toys
- Information on new Mega Bloks toys for kids ages 1 to 6
- Educational and informative blog by a leading panel of mom bloggers with articles on the benefits of construction toys, product reviews, pictures and more
- Free email newsletter with great new building ideas, toys for kids ages 1 and up and more
I just signed up last night and got my coupon!
Mega Bloks are everywhere in our house…..from the basic building Mega Bloks to the creative Ni Hao, Kai-Lan building sets. My daughter isn’t the only one you’ll find playing with them either. Yep, hubby and I are right there building along….who doesn’t love that?!!
Have you seen the new Mega Bloks Domino Build Game?
Here’s the Scoop:
Mega Bloks Domino Build Game utilizes simple domino and building game play to introduce multiple skill sets such as colors, numbers, matching, motor skills, etc. If you make a domino match, you win a block to construct your zoo animal. Be the first player to collect all 4 animal part blocks and assemble your animal to win.
- 16 Maxi Mega Bloks
- 30 Domino Tiles
- 4 Animal Cards
- Instruction Sheet
Assembly is super easy and only requires punching out the 30 Domino Tiles. This was an activity in and of itself for my daughter. She loved punching out the Domino Tiles, which are adorable animals……um, even the snake is cute. LOL
This game is for children ages 3 and up. My 3-year old has really not had much interest in games despite our having a Family Game Night. She’s usually done after about 5-10 minutes, so I was really curious how this would go. Let me start by saying that we played the entire game 3 times in a row……AND had it not been bedtime, she would have played some more. 🙂
The game itself is quite easy to play and she even got the hang of the wild cards (which she always got, by the way)! Everyone chooses the animal they want to build, and collects pieces as they make domino matches. With only 4 pieces to collect, the game moves fairly quickly (at least with 2 people). We’ll try with Daddy tonight……yes, it’s already on the agenda.
While this is certainly a game, the animal Mega Bloks are fun by themselves. They stack super tall (all kids love that). Our favorite thing to do though is mix up the animal bloks out of order (that’s my job)…..you know, feet on top, head on the bottom. Super silly. Then she corrects Mommy!
The game is entertaining and moves quickly, which is great for preschoolers. Because it’s essentially a domino game, this would be good for siblings and family night……it appeals to everyone. I’ve even spotted her playing with the domino cards and animal Bloks today on the couch by herself.
The smile on my daughter’s face says it all…..she finished her lion and WON! She ADORES this game!
BUY IT: Now on Amazon for just $10.99
Other Similar Games from Mega Bloks:
Now for some extra fun!
One (1) lucky winner will receive a Mega Bloks Domino Build Game
HOW TO ENTER:
1. For your main entry, Leave a comment and tell me who the Mega Bloks Domino Build Game would be for ! That’s it!
You can earn one extra entry for each of the following (only one entry for each ):
2. Sign up for the Mega Bloks Family Club for special offers, a coupon, and more…it’s FREE
3. Comment on a Non-Giveaway post (tell me which one)
4. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
5. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter
6. Follow Mega Brands on Twitter
7. Tweet the following as is: Win a Mega Bloks Domino Build Game http://tinyurl.com/4e5c98w @AFrugalFriend #giveaway #win @MegaBrands
8. Grab my button for your site and/or Add me to your BlogRoll
STAY UP TO DATE: Be sure to Like A Frugal Friend on Facebook to stay informed on upcoming giveaways and deals this holiday season!
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Wednesday, March 16th, 2011! Valid for US and Canada residents and addresses only. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 2 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household.
(A complimentary Mega Bloks Domino Build Game was provided to conduct this review courtesy of Mega Bloks, through Team Mom. All statements are the personal and honest opinions of the author)