After a big arrival day (Disney-style), we got a great nights sleep in our comfy bed’s at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Thankfully, we discovered that they provided bed rails free of charge to help with our two-year old’s sleeping (hooray)! I woke up extra early to check in at the hospitality room for the Disney Social Media Mom’s Celebration. I quickly met some new friends, grabbed some refreshments, and hurried back to the room to check out the bag of goodies I just received, which among some wonderful gifts, included our credentials and a Media Fast Pass!
Media Fast Pass: Squee ! While Disney spoiled us so so much during this amazing trip, I have to say I was completely shocked and maybe a bit giddy when I found a Media Fast Pass in the bag of goodies. For those of you unfamiliar with the Free Regular Fast Pass, it’s available to all guests. For particular (more popular) attractions, you can get certain fast passes, which will allow you to come back at a later time and stand in a much shorter line. A huge time-saver at Disney, but you are only allowed to get so many fast passes and at certain times. Our Media Fast Passes, created just for this event, allowed us to get an unlimited number of Fast Passes throughout our entire stay at Walt Disney World. This meant we wouldn’t have to stand in line very much, and that was invaluable as the mom of a toddler. I’m forever spoiled.
Hollywood Studios: Disney provided us with 7-day park hopper passes, and although we weren’t going to be staying a full 7 days, we wanted to use them as much as possible. Our first event wasn’t until later in the afternoon, so we had a quick breakfast at Captain Cook’s and headed straight to Hollywood Studios. With such attractions as Playhouse Disney – Live on Stage and Voyage of the Little Mermaid, this was a great place to start. We spent just a few hours enjoying our Disney favorites, and ended the afternoon by joining the fun at the Block Party Bash, where you can see my little one dancing with characters from A Bug’s Life and Toy Story.
My First Press Conference: Now, it was time for business. I had no idea what was in store for us mommy bloggers as we headed to Disney’s new ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. I headed into the Milk House for what would be my first official press conference. I walked in and was in awe at all I saw. There was a stage complete with gorgeous castle backdrop and there were members of the press filling up the room with television cameras, notepads, and iphones. I had a mommy blogger on one side and a member of a local radio station on the other. It was quite a site……and excitement filled the air as Disney executives began to announce exciting new projects for the coming years.
What’s New for Walt Disney World:
Fantasyland Expansion: This three-year project beginning in 2010 will ensure that my family will be visiting Magic Kingdom again soon. Here’s a sneak peak at what is coming soon to my little one’s favorite park.
- “Be Our Guest” Restaurant, one of 3 enchanted dining rooms in the Beast’s Castle
- “Gaston’s Tavern, another eatery in the new Belle’s Village area
- “Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid” attraction (ride-through adventure)
- New “Dumbo’s Flying Circus” (2x bigger) with a tent hosting midway games for those in line
Disney Princess Villages: Each Disney Princess will have her own themed village inside Fantasyland Forest. Each will have the opportunity for children to engage in an magical experience:
- A Birthday Surprise for Sleeping Beauty
- Dreams Come True with Cinderella (share a dance or train to be one of her Royal Knights)
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
Hollywood Studios: In 2011, look for a new 3-D experience at the “Star Tours” attraction
ESPN Wide World of Sports – launching Feb 2010 (I share the scoop here with photos)
Disney Cruise Line has some amazing news:
- 2 new ships to set sail in 2011 and 2012 (Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy) – new ships to have even more magical experiences than before including the first shipboard water-coaster ever, the AquaDuck! Check it out in the picture above….a special swing out loop will allow them to look down over the water (WHOA)!!!
- 3 new ports of call in the Mediterranean; Northern European Capitals Cruises and more
- 2011: Disney Wonder will set sail to Alaska for the first time
- Magical Makeover for Castaway Cay (Disney’s private Caribbean island)
Summer Nightastic (June 6-August 14)
- Straight from my childhood, the Main Street Electrical Parade is making it’s debut at WDW
- Special Surprises at The Twilight Zone’s Tower of Terror (I’m skipping this one!!)
- Sounds like Summer Concert Series at Epcot
- Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular at Magic Kingdom
- Rock N Glow Dance Party at Hollywood Studios
After this whirlwind press conference, we again joined our families for a special dinner and tailgate-style party at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. With the day finished, we needed more sleep as we had a full day of excitement ahead of us at Epcot…..social media advice from a real expert, celebrity sightings, volunteering, amazing concert, and Food Network surprise! Stay tuned…
For more of my Disney Social Media Celebration Posts, check out:
A Bit of Pixie Dust
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Tailgate Dinner
Guess What, I’m Going
*Disclosure:I attended the Disney Social Media Moms conference, for which I paid a fee, but received what many would consider a sweetheart deal along with a lot of Disney magic. Disney did not require anything from me in exchange for the benefits I received. This post is written 100% by me (A Frugal Friend) and all opinions are mine.
Sounds like an amazing time! How did the media fast passes work? Did you have to keep printing off new fast past tickets, or did you just get to get in any fast pass lane whenever you wanted? Sounds like an awesome way to quickly ride your way through the parks!
A Frugal Friend says
It was definitely a rare treat!!
Awesome! I can’t wait to see what has changed at Disney since our last trip. You bloggers DID get spoiled!
I love the picture of your daughter dancing with the walking stick 🙂